courtesy (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, August 18, 2016, 17:55 (2805 days ago) @ Funkmon

I want to talk too, and I deeply resent being obliged to put things in spoiler tags.

EDIT: The resentment comes about because society has determined that the people who made the effort and watched a show when it aired have the burden of not talking about it until everyone else has seen it. Yeah, maybe you're out of town and can't get HBO. Tough shit, IMO. Avoid it if you can, but don't be surprised nor angry if you come across references to the story elsewhere. I applaud everyone who doesn't watch these informational videos, really, and also those who don't go on Twitter until they can get home and watch the show on their VCR. That's great. I just don't understand why they get mad as US for discussing something that's already happened just because they haven't found the time in their life to watch it.

noun
the showing of politeness in one's attitude and behavior toward others.

It's not that people get mad that you're discussing it, go ahead & discuss it, just show a little courtesy. If anything they're mad that your being, according to what society has deemed, discourteous. Really, it's easy, don't blab about it in their face, talk about it somewhere else, or give them a chance to leave, or lower your voice, put *SP* in the subject line, or use the "spoiler" button. Seriously, it's not difficult, you're not being silenced, just being asked to be courteous.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread