Not all spoilers are created equal. (Destiny)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 12:02 (2809 days ago) @ Funkmon

They also showed the kvostov early on. How does that not spoil the experience in your eyes? They also showed that we had to take back felwinter's peak. How is that not a spoiler?

Those are, technically spoilers, I am ONLY talking about Raid stuff. I get that you still have to market the game somehow.

Look. I don't know why people are taking such a hard line on this. Anything raid related is a spoiler, but missions aren't? Why can't Bingle just talk about their goddamn game without people complaining that they're saying too much, then complain that they're not saying enough in the weekly updates.

It's a personal preference on how I enjoy one activity in the game. It's like the Batman v Superman trailer that revealed Doomsday, yeah I know B&S are going to end up on the same team, but why couldn't have that been a surprise?

If you don't want to know about the game, don't read and watch game streams. Anyone who is upset with the information releases here should know it's his own fault, IMO. If you want to go spoiler free, don't watch INFORMATIONAL VIDEOS ABOUT THE GAME! LOL

I do want to know about the game, there's a lot of really cool stuff in the video and in GI coverage that doesn't cross that line for me. And yeah, what they revealed about the Raid isn't going to ruin the experience. They create these videos for a certain audience, maybe I'm just not in that group anymore, and that's OK, now I know for Destiny 2. I'll just stick to trailers from now on.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread