You're missing the point (as usual) (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 13:01 (2806 days ago) @ Funkmon

They also showed the kvostov early on. How does that not spoil the experience in your eyes? They also showed that we had to take back felwinter's peak. How is that not a spoiler?

Look. I don't know why people are taking such a hard line on this. Anything raid related is a spoiler, but missions aren't? Why can't Bingle just talk about their goddamn game without people complaining that they're saying too much, then complain that they're not saying enough in the weekly updates.

If you don't want to know about the game, don't read and watch game streams. Anyone who is upset with the information releases here should know it's his own fault, IMO. If you want to go spoiler free, don't watch INFORMATIONAL VIDEOS ABOUT THE GAME! LOL

I understand the position you are coming from, but you are being too black and white with this.

My issue with the vidoc in this instance is that I simply saw things that would have been more fun to figure out and put together myself.

Yes, they didn't show or solve a puzzle right before my eyes and explicitly tell me, but what they DID show (which I won't repeat) I consider to be lore and story info that again, would be more fun to experience blind.

Showing a new gun, or armor, or basic enemy, or a new vista without context is one thing.

Telling me verbatim the SPECIFIC things I'm doing in a SPECIFIC mission and HOW/WHY or social space is not cool.

I'm not someone who typically cares much about spoilers, but in THIS INSTANCE I simply saw things that I feel would have been better if I didn't.

That's all.

Show me all the mp and custom games you want. Don't show me too much of the plot.

For you to be all "hurt durr, don't want the video dummy" is stupid.

I couldn't possibly have known what I was going to see and hear from the devs as it relates to the specific things I saw.

It's a risk I took to see if I wanted to buy this dlc, and this time it didn't pan out, is all, so I warned others.

I'm sure there is plenty they didn't tell or show me also.

Now go eat that sock you owe us and don't be a douche.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread