Oversimplifying (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, October 23, 2017, 06:04 (2380 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

What is the state of Titanfall 2’s microtransactions these days? If I remember right, I could not pay real money to unlock things in the past. Is it different now? Personally, I vastly prefer Destiny 2’s system where the micro transactions are cosmetic only. My impression of Titanfall 2 was that it was Play To Win, where everyone else had awesome guns and scopes and player classes and auto turrets killing me from the rooftop. If you can now pay real money to get those things then how has it not moved straight on to Pay To Win?

I don’t want to hear an excuse of “oh the turret isn’t that great” or whatever. If I jumped back into Titanfall 2 today, I’d be stuck a long long way behind you in terms of what guns and abilities I had. Having to climb that latter while being killed because I don’t have those things, or going back to the old Halo 3 / Halo Reach system where a good bulk of the cosmetic items were vastly out of reach at astronomically high levels of hours played, to me, is far worse than Destiny 2’s little store that might give you an emote that will go away at the end of a season.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread