Ragashigo's post is super important. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, October 23, 2017, 10:25 (2380 days ago) @ Malagate

Great points, as always :)

Here’s the thing that jumps out at me the most:

I see and feel the same things you do about this, perhaps to a lesser degree, but what would you have them do from this point? They're not going to shutter Eververse because a few people don't like it, and I'm pretty sure Bungie isn't twisting a thin moustache in their spare time trying to find ways to squeeze more cash out of us. It's all cosmetic.

Allow for specific purchases? Ok. But that will result in fewer purchases altogether.

Precisely. Absolutely this. It would lead to fewer purchases, because the items Bungie is actually selling are not worth the money they are currently making thanks to RNG microtransactions. And that’s the problem I have, in a nutshell.

A store where you can buy what you want for a set price would be better for players. The current system is more profitable for Bungie. As a player, I would prefer they choose the more player-friendly option. Bungie chose the more profitable option. And that’s fine. I’m not offended by that. They’re a business like any other. I just think it’s important to be realistic about these things and call them what they are. I still love Bungie and Destiny, I have ZERO problem with anyone who chooses to buy stuff from eververse. I just wish people weren’t so quick to defend a clearly and obviously exploitative system in order to feel ok about engaging with it. Nobody is claiming that Eververse is ruining their life, lol. It’s just designed in a way to earn more money than the items for sale would earn in a truly fair marketplace.

As far as where Bungie should actually go with it, I’d rather see them make Eververse items directly purchasable, and add more & better items. I’d gladly throw down a few bucks for cool new emotes every month or two, if I could buy the exact ones I want and they were fairly priced. Same with ships and sparrows. But that would take more work than the current system, and might not be any more profitable, so I’m not holding my breath :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread