Spending Money vs. Time (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, October 23, 2017, 08:37 (2380 days ago) @ Harmanimus

It is condescending to imply that just because someone pays for microtransactions they are somehow not savvy or understanding of what that purchase is. For most players it is as much a conscious choice to buy microtransactions based on their budget and perceived value to the exact same degree that people don't due to their budget or perceived value.

I understand that you are in squared opposition to many aspects of modern gaming financial staples and I respect that even if I disagree with some of the logic. However, I cannot respect the implication that people with different priorities are a) not savvy consumers b) are being taken advantage of c) derive no benefit from these transactions.

I will also add that time and money are both forms of currency in games. And in most cases, they both can get you what you want. Some people have more of one than the other. Just because they have allowed you to get some items based on one other than the other doesn't mean it's any less right.

I personally have a mix of both. So although I haven't spent money on Destiny for micro-transactions, it doesn't mean I think it's wrong. I personally would just rather use the currency of time to try and get what I want.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread