Ragashigo's post is super important. (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, October 23, 2017, 09:27 (2380 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I see and feel the same things you do about this, perhaps to a lesser degree, but what would you have them do from this point? They're not going to shutter Eververse because a few people don't like it, and I'm pretty sure Bungie isn't twisting a thin moustache in their spare time trying to find ways to squeeze more cash out of us. It's all cosmetic.

Allow for specific purchases? Ok. But that will result in fewer purchases altogether. Why not find a way to hook these things back into gameplay in a way that either only affects things cosmetically, or relies on purchases to fuel it? I think there's untapped potential in finding ways to fuel player investment and engagement without affecting gameplay in a pay-to-win sense, while securing more frequent microtransactions from players.

Completely off the top; but ingame faction or holiday-themed events (SRL, MOBA matches, some other crazy new gametype) with an entrance fee of ingame currency. So players can play normally to earn tokens to play, or they could buy consumables that increase yield of such, or they could buy in bulk through Eververse. Rewards would be event-specific. Would that make things more palatable, if you were still required some level of effort in gameplay?

Personally, I have less an issue of the current implementation itself than I do with the fact that it doesn't change my experience. I'd happily spend a few bucks a month on a game I'm already invested in if it adds something new to my experience beyond cosmetics.

~M

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread