Seasons (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Monday, October 23, 2017, 14:55 (2380 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

And listen, I think it's cool that Bungie is adding new stuff each season. I honestly think that if you could not buy bright engrams, but only earn them through exp, I would LOVE this. It's the spectre of those people who cannot help themselves and who are being taken advantage of that ruins it for me. I've seen what addiction does to you. It's horrible. I would not wish it on anyone. And I'm disgusted that abusing addiction is considered acceptable as a business model for video games. For me, at least, it taints the experience in a negative light.

I don't know why people are focuses so hard on spending money as addiction when there are just as many addictive qualities with playing to many hours of games getting those bright engrams.

One can argue that it's easier and more pervasive to use money instead of time, which I am inclined to agree with. But it's kind of bothers me that a vast majority of people are just skipping over the the other side of the coin.

For my part, I'm spending far less time in D2 than I did in D1 and getting more enjoyment out of it. In terms of time investment needed, D2 is far less abusive than D1, with far less grind and far more to do "just for fun." So I don't really have complaints about the nature of the gameplay like I did in D1. I see the argument that power level is essentially meaningless, and I agree with that, but it doesn't bother me because if it were meaningful then you would feel like you *had to grind* until you got max power level. Instead it's just a number that makes you feel better, but doesn't come with that kind of abusive compulsion.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread