Ragashigo's post is super important. (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 23, 2017, 11:49 (2380 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Look me straight in the eyes and tell me sending the player to Tess after every level up was NOT a calculated decision to push more microtransactions. That is pure mustache twirling.

What? That's the very thing that made me NOT want to spend real money - I was going to see Tess so regularly that the idea of spending CASH to get her wares seemed... foolish.

Sometimes the way you look at things makes my head hurt.

Heh, I actually see where both of you are coming from. On the one hand, we get Bright engrams often enough that some of us can easily resist the temptation to ever spend real money. But to Cody’s point, it is a bit like making you walk through the gift shop before you can exit the museum :)

Exit Theough the Gift Shop is actually a really good documentary about the commercialization and sign value of modern art. Not sure if it’s relevant to games and microtransactions, but it’s absolutely awesome when you “get it” and the light bulb goes off in your head and you discover the film’s trick and true intent.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread