Sammy and I spent about a couple hundred... Each... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, October 23, 2017, 08:37 (2380 days ago) @ Korny

No regrets, though, that MP was ridiculously fun, and being one of the only folks with a Claymore X (and a Widow X) made me feel like a god on Gold difficulty.

Of course, I wouldn't spend anywhere near as much for anything Microtransaction related these days, but I know at least one guy who buys the $80 Prime Access bundles for Warframe every three months or so, and he's been doing that for years.

Anyone who thinks that boycotting a game because of Microtransactions will make companies think twice about them is a complete fool. The $60 that you're denying the company means nothing when the next guy in line will spend $100 on Microtransactions.

Mass Effect 3 was a funny situation, too. They released new content at a great pace, the new characters were a blast to play, and literally game-changing (some of the new characters required a completely different approach and playstyle, and mastering those techniques was a blast). The whole thing was so damn good and so damn fun that every time a new batch of content dropped, I was more than happy to spend $5-$10 on a few packs to get some of the new characters right out of the gate. It was still a manipulative system... you couldn't just buy the specific characters you wanted, and there was a "pay to win" element thanks to all the extra upgrades and health kits you'd get from packs. But they also made the economy work perfectly well without ever spending money, so it never ruffled my feathers.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread