Where are you getting that? (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, January 30, 2020, 12:01 (1555 days ago) @ someotherguy

Based on current prices, a months sub for 3 cosmetics is cheaper than comparable cosmetics now. Its a pretty okay deal, if you're a discount-hunter.

I'm not really sure what the point of contention is here? Not trying to be difficult or combative, I'm just a bit lost.

I'm not trying to be combative either - I just don't see it the same way you see it. The cosmetics being offered are NOT purchasable through Eververse right now - but you WILL get them as random drops from engrams earned by playing. I guess I'm saying that that particular class of item is not really comparable to stuff you can buy for money. (That is: it's not as though you can say "well, I could buy these three items in the store for $X, or get them free with a $13 monthly fee for Twitch Prime. Seems like a great deal to me.")

You're comparing apples to oranges (literally; two different items in the same class (cosmetics/fruit), but not really equivalent).

::shrug::

If this crosses a line for you (and it seems to), that's fine. You're certainly doing your part at making your case to the forum at large.

It doesn't cross a line for me, and I guess I'm unswayed by your argument (though I CAN see where it's coming from, I just don't agree with it).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread