The Last Word (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, February 04, 2020, 08:30 (1550 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Ohhh, you're one of those.

If you can't use your words like a grownup, without belittling people, maybe you need to take a little time

There's just a LITTLE bit of hypocrisy here. Can you see it?

In a microscope, yeah.

Would it be possible, maybe, to make your point without stooping to what you're accusing others of stooping to? I'd really appreciate it.

(I've already asked if this could stop. Nobody seems to give a damn. Mostly because EVERYONE seems to want the last word. I'm gonna ask again - and then I'm gonna lock this thread. All of you - can you find it in your hearts to let the last word go, this time? You've ALL made your points.)

Wow, really?

If this is the level of incivility that justifies a thread lock it's simply not going to be possible to discuss anything of any import regarding the industry. Because increasingly any criticism of the industry on any level devolves into "boycott or GTFO".

Of course you're right, everyone does want to have the last word-- heck, that's what I'm doing here now! Again! And frankly, I enjoy these thread about as much as anyone else-- which is to say, not one damn bit.

I think what bugs me is that some people leave a thread by knocking over the table and throwing all the pieces on the floor, and somehow it's "the other side's" job to be civil and let the discussion end instead of pointing out there's now a huge mess on the floor.

"I didn't mean it, it was a joke, you misinterpreted me, you're overthinking this, it doesn't really matter, nobody really cares, it doesn't matter anyway, I already took it back..."

Yeah, sorry. Not letting stuff like that be the last word.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread