::sigh:: (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, February 04, 2020, 08:50 (1550 days ago) @ narcogen

I *AM* doing something about it. I am currently not playing Destiny 2. I have not purchased the current season pass, and I do not intend to. I have not claimed these "rewards" this system says I am entitled to, because I don't think they should exist. And I am here, on this forum and elsewhere, expressing the opinion that developers and publishers should not engage in anti-consumer practices, that media and consumers should call out developers and publishers, even ones they LIKE, for engaging in anti-consumer practices, and take into account these practices when making decisions about what games to buy, what services to subscribe to, and what games to play and support.

If you had come in here, when this thread was heating up with opinions about which side of whatever line in the sand Bungie was on today, and made some of these points in your inimitable way, I wouldn't have said a word.

Hell - if you had come in late (as you did), and made your points as you have in the last couple of posts, I wouldn't have said a word.

But you didn't.

You came in late, and you came in with drive-by snark, and you didn't follow it up with anything else germane to the state of the industry for 40 more posts (about a day). I mean... you posted between that drive-by and your discussion of the current problems with the industry... but it was mostly about how it was okay to take shots at Cheapley.

I'm not saying you have to stay on topic here. (I mean, if that were a rule, we'd have closed down years ago.) I'm saying you're being disingenuous if you're trying to claim that your involvement in this thread has been about a discussion on the industry. (Your last comment on this subject was "If this is the level of incivility that justifies a thread lock it's simply not going to be possible to discuss anything of any import regarding the industry." Dude - you weren't discussing the industry - you were adding to a general level of hostility here that makes ME tired... and I'm probably the most patient reader this forum has.)

I was disappointed that this place has gotten so combative that even NARCOGEN feels comfortable coming in with a cheap shot, and not much else until I threaten to shut the thread off. That's all.

I quit Facebook because my country's politics are like this. I used to come here to escape from the constant fighting. But it's here now. And that sucks.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread