In retrospect, I was not being a jerk (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, February 04, 2020, 08:19 (1717 days ago) @ cheapLEY

And? What did your complaining accomplish?

Other than complain, what did you actually do? What will you do now? If this is the line in the sand, what will you do now that they’ve crossed it?

This isn’t the rest of it’s saying you should have been louder, this is the rest of us saying that it didn’t matter then and doesn’t matter any more now.

EDIT: I don’t speak for anyone else, so let me change that—this is ME saying it doesn’t matter.

Cool. So you're retracting your retracting? Cool, cool.

So now let me say, genuinely, “who cares?” Because it sure seems like the answer is basically no one, or if they do, they don’t care enough to actually do anything about it, which amounts to the same thing.

This is the kind of bad faith bullcrap I was calling you out for, and you had the gall to play victim when I did it.

Nobody cares, or if they do, they don't care enough, or if they care enough, they didn't DO anything about it, and if they did anything about it, it didn't matter.

That argument can get into the sea, right now.

I *AM* doing something about it. I am currently not playing Destiny 2. I have not purchased the current season pass, and I do not intend to. I have not claimed these "rewards" this system says I am entitled to, because I don't think they should exist. And I am here, on this forum and elsewhere, expressing the opinion that developers and publishers should not engage in anti-consumer practices, that media and consumers should call out developers and publishers, even ones they LIKE, for engaging in anti-consumer practices, and take into account these practices when making decisions about what games to buy, what services to subscribe to, and what games to play and support.

You are here trying to extend your opinion that you do not care about these issues and are not personally affected by them, and expanding it to other people shouldn't either, and that the people who do care don't matter. It's not just that you don't care. You don't want others to care, either, and you want to invalidate the idea of caring.

Nuts to that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread