Where are you getting that? (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, January 30, 2020, 12:10 (1555 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Based on current prices, a months sub for 3 cosmetics is cheaper than comparable cosmetics now. Its a pretty okay deal, if you're a discount-hunter.

I'm not really sure what the point of contention is here? Not trying to be difficult or combative, I'm just a bit lost.

I'm not trying to be combative either

Oh I know. I only say that because I know I hve a rep ;)

- I just don't see it the same way you see it. The cosmetics being offered are NOT purchasable through Eververse right now - but you WILL get them as random drops from engrams earned by playing. I guess I'm saying that that particular class of item is not really comparable to stuff you can buy for money. (That is: it's not as though you can say "well, I could buy these three items in the store for $X, or get them free with a $13 monthly fee for Twitch Prime. Seems like a great deal to me.")

As a bargainy type person, I definitely had a moment of "ooh, if they were selling these it would cost $20+, thats a bargain". Now obviously I'm not the ur-human representative of everyone, but Im fairly confident that I'm at least somewhat representative of "slightly autistic collector people".

It does also take those items out of your free engram loot pool (the ornaments at least, not sure about the ghosts though Ive never had a repeat. Not the shops though), which is an additional selling point to me.

You're comparing apples to oranges (literally; two different items in the same class (cosmetics/fruit), but not really equivalent).

::shrug::

If this crosses a line for you (and it seems to), that's fine. You're certainly doing your part at making your case to the forum at large.

Honestly, this being a good deal (imo) doesn't cross a line. It's practically consumer-forward (inasmuch as this ecosystem can be). Its only the SUROS that makes me clutch at my pearls. I was more commenting on the bizzare notion that $15 for three cosmetics can be considered "a good deal". Cosmetics are far too expensive.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread