I think many of us are guilty of this from time to time (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Friday, February 05, 2016, 00:27 (2975 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

"This is Funkmon ... he's a smart, reasonable, good-humoured guy."

Two of those are correct, at least.

I think that even here at DBO, where many of us are quite familiar with each other, we can still slip into Internet negativity vortexes in a way that never happens when we're playing together and talking about these same topics over voice chat.

I agree with you completely. I only genuinely hate maybe twelve or thirteen people on this forum, but I still play with them every week. I mean, I'm recording a Doom Let's Play with one later tonight.

Half the raids I do involve the group arguing over whether Ted Nugent is or is not totally awesome (he is) or whether Black Spindle is the best gun for everything (it is). Anyway, as far as I know we spend the vast majority of the time in raids arguing, until someone says "Hey, let's do the raid," then we shut up and do it. Then we keep doing it over and over.

So yeah, we should close the forum and only voice chat to discuss the game. We just need to get the Xbox party system to allow more than eight dudes.

Really, I think the best thing for all of us is to play even more Destiny together. It genuinely helps avoid these kinds of miscommunications :)

Y'all should switch over to the bone then.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread