It came out wrong. (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, February 05, 2016, 07:55 (3001 days ago) @ Funkmon

Not sure what they mean by incentivizing the red bars to get (non-existent) better internet.

I highly doubt they're blaming their players for bad internet. Probably just a joke, honestly. Extreme sarcasm of some kind...though it does come across bad.

No, I think he meant that straight up. He's just looking at it from the perspective that people must be having other problems-- cheap routers, using wifi, bad cabling, no good QoS settings, stateful packet inspection turned on... I don't know what, but he's obviously lumped in those who have problems that can be fixed with everyone who registers has having a suboptimal connection, as defined by Destiny.

Nevermind the fact that even in Destiny's prime market, the US, the average broadband connection is slower than many other places in the world, that there's much less competition between ISPs, much less consumer choice, and as a result, many consumers have a choice between MAYBE two operators, one of which is probably a cable company. And everybody loves those.

I can see an engineer writing that paragraph without trying to be a jerk. I just don't understand how a community liaison could read it and think it was OK to go out like that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread