Getting it BOTH WAYS (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, February 05, 2016, 13:44 (3001 days ago) @ Funkmon

I'm sure they tested it at some point and determined it was fine. There's gotta be a reason it took them this long to change things people have been complaining about when they turn on other things like a dime. I've got faith it won't be a huge deal, but I'll also guarantee I'll be blaming this decision if I ever play Crucible again and don't do well.

Well, you've hit the nail on the head-- this is the problem with being transparent. Nobody's going to be able to be objective about the change now. Every time a low latency player sees some lag effects, they'll claim the change doesn't work or doesn't go far enough, and every time a high latency player has a problem, it'll be the changes they blame as well.

As for testing... I really don't know. I don't know if or how Bungie simulates lag internally, or if they just look at the data from the deployed game. It may be a simple calculation about the affected players, and if serving the population that is in major markets on good quality broadband makes sense, they will do that, and it will make sense to do that.

I could do without the snark when you announce it, though, as funny as everyone else seems to think it is.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread