I like FFXIII as well... (Destiny)

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Friday, August 08, 2014, 00:07 (3550 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by uberfoop, Friday, August 08, 2014, 00:10

Actually, outside of Halo, even though it's got lots of rough edges, I thought it was one of the better games of the seventh gen.

...But I think the Chapter 11 defense is stupid. That it supposedly gets good after a long while is just not a very stellar recommendation in a game's favour.

That I like FFXIII is mostly because I don't really agree that the "opening up" makes a huge difference on fun. Sure, the game is (usually) not very challenging just to get through it, but if you aren't just autobattling the whole time, it gives you things to do to try and optimize, even if the impact is minor.
Had the opening 20 hours been as awful as many people say, my opinion of the game would have been a whole lot lower (and I probably wouldn't have bothered finishing the game).

(Screw the gameplay in the first two chapters, though. Especially chapter 2. Chapter 3 was where the combat system started coming into its own for me, and chapter 4 is where it really started to get juicy.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread