Very disappointed in Destiny. *long* *TL;DR included* (Destiny)

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Friday, August 08, 2014, 13:13 (3548 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That's not what I'm asking for. Selecting that raises the level. I'm asking for a proper difficulty setting, so that the enemy intelligence, type, and number change, but not their level. So I'd like to see you be able to select the strike at level 6 or at level 8, THEN choose whether you want to play it on heroic or legendary. So you could play the level 6 strike on heroic, legendary, etc, or you can play the level 8 version of that on heroic or Legendary.

My issue is that instead of the difficulty settings of past, it's been apparently replaced with raising enemy levels, which isn;t the same thing.

A boost to raw enemy power, plus some mixing up in their spawns, is pretty much exactly how Halo has always worked.

Even the "change to intelligence" is mostly just a result of the enemies being assigned higher aggressiveness due to their increased power (and, per Bungie's ancient Halo 1 AI talk, they seem smarter 'cuz they got more health).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread