BANGO. (Destiny)

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Friday, August 08, 2014, 16:45 (3549 days ago) @ Malagate

It's not Halo.

:(
I know, and I'm not saying it should be. I tried comparing to other games so people wouldn't think this.

There are a lot of beefs stated in the OP that I can't completely disagree with, though. I see the logic, but we've seen so little of Destiny, I think it's premature.

I also tried to focus on things that applied to the full game. For example, I didn't comment on the story at all. I said I wasn't interested, but that was from being put off by the gameplay. The story could be amazing for all I know, or it could suck. Either way, I'm not going to buy a video game for its story.

• Enemy personality needs dialed up a bit. I think there's time. Hopefully we'll see more of that variation thrown into relief once we fight the Vex and Cabal. Not to mention get to sink our teeth into the story.

Maybe. The first two races being like they are though, isn't a good indication.

[*]Weapon selection does seem slim, though varied enough I could live with it for a while. I suspect alien weapon types are going to come into play eventually. As long as the base weapon type balances well in standard PvP, the version used in PvE and Iron Banner can be tweaked.

How many guns did Marathon have? I think Halo 1 had more than 9. Not that more is better. As long as they're varried and fun to use, you could probably get away with 6 guns in a shooter. Thing is, Destiny's guns are all things we've seen before. Other than maybe the fusion rifle, but even that operates similarly to things we've seen before.

[*]The vehicle selection gives me pause. Everything is some flavor of hoverbike, and there's no cooperation in operating more formidable death machines. At least that we've seen. There could be more held close to the vest.
[/list]

3 vehicles does seem low. I'll bet they have tanks or some flying vehicles hidden.

Those things aside, I'm extremely pleased by everything else we've seen. There's a bunch we know about that we haven't gotten to play with yet, particularly exotic weapons and subclasses, along with the aforementioned races. And Raids.

People keep bringing up exotics. I would need to see them.

It's still way too early to call, I think. Hang in there. Even if you're not digging the new gameplay formula yet, see how the whole package stacks up.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread