Good rebuttal (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, August 08, 2014, 08:36 (3521 days ago) @ kidtsunami
edited by Kermit, Friday, August 08, 2014, 08:56

And I agree with many of your points. I really enjoyed that UI vid--that's a professional area of interest for me, and I hope that Evil Otto saw that, too.

Snipe, that was a well-written post, and in some of the particulars, I agree with you. What's missing is context and perspective. Your willingness to complain here about issues related to the small player pool says to me that maybe you're weren't a good candidate for early access. In general, I think you fail to acknowledge how small a slice you have experienced of the full game, and I sense an excess of skepticism and bias. I, too, was wary of the game and still have a little wariness. I had the unique privilege of having a friendly partner and guide (Beorn) from my first moments of the Alpha. That said, (other than the graphics and art design, which I found stunning out of the gate) many elements did not win me over at first but grew on me with time. Subtleties revealed themselves. In contrast, your first impressions seem to have solidified into final judgments or worse, confirmed prejudices you had going in.

One specific point is that you seem to have outed yourself as the kind of player who tainted Halo matchmaking for me, and if those players are turned off by Destiny, fine. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

I know you're a man of rather absolute opinions [cough, Halo 2, cough], and you're not afraid to say you hate something. You're entitled to those opinions and, again, you've done a great job of expressing them. I know that when you're enthusiastic about something, you're not afraid to say that either, and you've contributed a lot to the bungie.org community. I'm sad if you truly have decided to jump ship on Destiny.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread