The Rest. (Destiny)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, August 09, 2014, 06:55 (3541 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

One. it is not a free kill meter.

That's exactly what it is. When it fills up, you can use your super to get free kills.

Nova Bomb has a limited range and is dodgeable.

Dodgeable how, exactly? There's no dodge button. No evade. If the user aims anywhere near you, you're dead.

Fist of Havock has roughly the range of a grenade requiring someone to get next to you to use it.

Yep. They get next to you, and instantly kill you. 3 people taking the objective you're covering? Facing certain death? No worries, Power Fist© has you covered! Instantly fry all of those idiots with just the touch of a button!

I think as I get better straight up dodging Supers will increasingly become part of my strategy.

I'd love to hear how you plan to do this.

About the Supers, except for the Golden Gun, I actually got pretty good at dodging them once I set my mind to it, as opposed to just giving up and embrace the hurt.

If you double-jump (for speed) away from from a Titan (to his/her sides is more consistent, in my experience) as soon as he/she does the Fist jump, you might even be able to escape without a single pixel of damage. I've done it consistently on the last two days of Crucible, failing much less than a third of the times I tried.

Now, Nova Bomb is a bit harder, especially if it has the tracking perk, but sprinting away when the Warlock charges up (thumbstick sensitivity should be pretty high to let you turn away fast) allied with a double jump when the Nova Bomb actually approaches works. I'm not gonna lie, it worked for me only a handful of times when they were 1v1 with me, but at least it wasn't 100% guaranteed to kill me. But when they weren't specifically aiming at me, it was pretty easy to escape the blast zone like this.

Likewise those that abuse speech or teabag should be banned.

Whoa there, that's a bit extreme, isn't it? The goal there is to piss them off so they don't play as well. Wouldn't repeatedly taking their heads off with my sniper accomplish the same thing? Should I get banned for that, too? Be realistic.

Well, if you already excel at the latter, why do you need to verbally abuse people? I mean, I'm all for proximity chat, but verbal abuse with the intent of disrupting a person's peace of mind is very douchy, IMO.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread