I disagree with you for the most part (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Friday, August 08, 2014, 21:18 (3519 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's just far too easy all around. So yes, your general players might get more kills because Bungie is highly catering to them, but that doesn't mean that the really good players won't also benefit big time by the ability to kill easier.

That's because everybody was level 8? You were playing with pretty much everybody. I'd hope that in the final the matching algorithm would put you with players near your skill.

Nope. Level in Destiny has proven not to matter beyond what gear you have, and even then that only really matters in Iron Banner. I was using a very, very weak gun in Crucible that I got well before level 8 that had a higher Impact stat. Doesn't matter if I was playing with pretty much everyone, because again, levels don't matter since you get those based on random play experience and not from any actual skill. I could get to level 20 just by playing nothing but Story mode, hop into Crucible, and continue to rock people as I was.

As to your last part, I'd like to hope that they have some way of matching me based on skill, too, assuming they can determine it based on the extreme lack of balance, ease of kills/death, and balance issues.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread