Very disappointed in Destiny. *long* *TL;DR included* (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, August 08, 2014, 13:24 (3541 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Which iswas a problem in the Beta, because there iswas no difficulty selector!

FTFY

It'd be great if a true difficulty selector was implemented, but wouldn't that be a huge undertaking? Wouldn't that contradict that no major changes would be made from the beta? It seems unlikely that we'll get to choose to run the level 8 strike on normal, heroic, or legendary. It'd be great though, and would significantly improve the game in my opinion.

The Devils Layer strike had two difficulty levels in the beta. Normal was level 6 (I think) and Hard was level 8. Changing the level bumped up both enemy toughness as well as enemy mixture and numbers.

That's not what I'm asking for. Selecting that raises the level. I'm asking for a proper difficulty setting, so that the enemy intelligence, type, and number change, but not their level. So I'd like to see you be able to select the strike at level 6 or at level 8, THEN choose whether you want to play it on heroic or legendary. So you could play the level 6 strike on heroic, legendary, etc, or you can play the level 8 version of that on heroic or Legendary.

My issue is that instead of the difficulty settings of past, it's been apparently replaced with raising enemy levels, which isn;t the same thing. As RC said, you can play higher level stuff when you are low level for a bigger challenge, but that's not 'fun'.

I fail to see the difference.

Upping the difficulty in Halo increased the number of enemies, swapped lower ranked enemies for higher ranked ones, and made all enemies tougher and more powerful. Upping the difficulty on the Destiny Strike did the same in all those categories, I believe. What am I missing? It seems like you want a two step difficulty selector (Level, then Difficulty) vs Halo's Difficulty only selector??

I would like a way to make the open world areas, like Old Russia, harder, however.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread