Motivations behind region restrictions in games

by Mercury, Chicago, IL, Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 10:19 (4046 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Agreed; the barriers already exist... why make them stronger? Give users better tools to handle barriers, don't just brick them up.

What tools do you imagine would mitigate signal latency and the language barrier? Superluminal switching and real-time machine translation would be wonderful, but are not, er, supported by the current state of the art.

-- Steve thinks it's far easier to demand these tools than it is to supply them.

I guess my post was lazy... I didn't mean to sound demanding.

Agreed; the barriers already exist... Why make them stronger? Why couldn't you give users better tools to handle barriers, and not just brick them up?

There, fixed for intention. I'm truly curious... is there a way to increase a quality experience while accounting for latency and assuming a decreasing language barrier among the anglophilic global society that might have the intent to play together.

I've been working on that quantum time-computer, but he ended up making some mistakes, we copied ourself a few times, and it got weird.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread