Streaming some Fallout 4 (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, November 12, 2015, 16:56 (3097 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I haven't dove too far into crafting, I think that is going to be my goal for the day. I have the tier 1 gun mod perk, but haven't really tried messing around. I love the 10mm quite a bit, primarily because of the abundance of ammo, but also because I found one with high damage (for the level I was), compensator, and Red dot sight. It is really smooth and cool looking gun, plus I am a sucker for the simple weapons ( favorite weapon from New Vegas was Benny's Pistol).

Best gun I have found so far, a personal favorite from fallout 3 and New Vegas, the Combat Shotgun. I found one with no special perks or mods, fell back in love with it. Tears through ghouls in the best of ways. Shortly after I came across a legendary Raider, who dropped a High Damage, longer range combat shotgun, that explodes on impact doing even MORE damage. It almost feels a little overpowered, but to be fair I am going through the 3rd main story quest and I am already level 20.

I have steered clear of Auto weapons for the most part. I used an Armor piercing .45 (thompson) one some enemies, wasn't too happy with how many rounds I went through.

I agree that the thompsons suck. Take that .45 round that the combat rifle uses and do 1/4 the damage per shot. Just awful. I haven't played around with the shotguns much, but I've also only found the double-barrelled variety. Your legendary one sounds pretty sweet!

It's funny, I'm having a very different ammo experience than you are. I've run out of 10mm ammo several times and had to fall back on the .38 pipe weapons (I carry a tricked out pipe pistol for just such an occasion). The .45 ammo I use I had to trade for, but since it one-shot kills most enemies I face, I don't end up using too much of it (snipe a couple guys, swap to pipe pistol to clean up any stragglers).

So I got a dropped Legendary 10mm which I've been using and I'm loving it. I love the shotguns because they seem to be doing a ton of damage from where I'm at right now. I JUST got myself a combat shotgun and want to trick it out. I've also loved my upgraded hunting rifle with long barrel and nice scopes. It's dominates in the open :-)

all I have to say is: BOOM headsh... wait, where did his head go?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread