Picked this up a couple of days ago... (Gaming)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, November 16, 2015, 04:43 (3094 days ago) @ TheeChaos

...and I'm mildly impressed. For the most part it's what I thought it would be. A new Fallout game. Better graphics. A few gameplay enhancements.

What I didn't expect was to like the story as much as I am so far! Don't get me wrong, Fallout 3's was interesting but I never really liked any of the characters. They were a means for Caps and XP and were quirky and that was about it. Already in 4 I'm loving my character (he responds "correctly" nearly every time I make a speech choice), and several of the story characters and story situations have been a lot of fun. Valentine, for instance. Just perfect, so far. That, and rescuing him from the gangsters in my first real test of my fully repaired Power Armor with plenty of minigun ammo left over? It was glorious. I was like Robocop combined with the Terminator or something. Just walking on in and tearing apart any fool who dared face me while taking a grand total of maybe 20% damage!

Also, the best part of the game by far is its main theme. It's just so heartwarming! It feels familiar too but I can't quite place what I'm relating it to... A cross between the slow Cortana part of the Halo theme combined with those few piano notes when Shepard dies at the beginning of Mass Effect 2, perhaps??

Oh... question. I was putting the game to bed for the night and was going to fast travel around and check on my settlements. First one was fine but when I got to there I saw a message that I'd failed to defend the second one... How was I supposed to know to defend it? Is there a message or something I missed?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread