I wonder how it could be improved (Gaming)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Sunday, November 15, 2015, 15:53 (3095 days ago) @ kidtsunami
edited by SonofMacPhisto, Sunday, November 15, 2015, 16:01

I'm enjoying the scavenging and crafting big time. Does a lot for role playing (oh look, a location that might have X, better go check it out). So yeah, lots of looking through containers, but you're trying to rebuild after all.

And make kickass Power Armor.

What if we just removed the scrounging bit. You've discovered a location and instead of having to play an extended, boring version of a hidden object game over and over to clear the place out, you just had to initiate a search action that after a couple seconds resulted in you getting all of the objects in that room/space.

It's just that I DO like the idea of saying "hey there is a cabin over there, I wonder what's in it, I'll check it out", and I absolutely HATE the part of actually just scanning every inch of the place to make sure I left nothing valuable on the walls... I can't imagine ever feeling accomplished or satisfied by that.

I'm guessing this is already a mod somewhere... what do you think?

Sounds like a good idea for one, if not!

Do you know about marking materials for collection? If you don't, it highlights what you're looking for. Take screws, you find that in clocks, so now you'll see every clock lit up slightly.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread