Made me think of you, Chaos... (Gaming)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Sunday, November 15, 2015, 15:50 (3095 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Fallout 4 is a more fully realized version of Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Braying that it isn't "next gen" enough is completely missing this wonderful development.

Next gen. Lol. TPS reports and meetings with the Bobs in 15 miuntes amirite?

Yeah, I didn't understand the argument he was trying to make in the podcast. Although to be fair (to me), there wasn't much to understand; he sounded like a whiny five year old that didn't get exactly what he wanted.

I've never understood the "it doesn't feel next gen" argument. First of all, the graphics look pretty damn good from my perspective, so I don't really know if I'm playing the same game as everyone else. Second of all, what the hell do these people expect? Just because it's on a new console, it doesn't mean the game design is going to significantly change. It's Fallout, the formula is pretty known at this point.

All agree.

I see a lot of people complaining that you "have" to pick up all the junk now for crafting. Didn't most players do that anyway to pawn at the vendors? I certainly did, so my play habits haven't changed at all in that regard.

You know I suspect not. In previous Fallouts I focused on guns, armor, and ammo to sell. Only grabbed "junk" if it was particularly valuable (fusion batteries and the like). The ability to mark things for collection helps a lot with Fallout 4's "gotta collect it all" approach. But hey I'm a massive crafter it seems so all that junk has a huge payoff for me.

*proceeds to shock entire hordes of ghouls to death with his power armor*

*laughs the laugh of mad scientist*

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread