Some thoughts . . . (Gaming)

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, November 17, 2015, 04:26 (3093 days ago) @ cheapLEY

You know, the biggest next gen thing to me was eliminating button presses. Just being able to look things with no menu pop up was amazing to me. It was like "oh DAMN we're in the future."

Oblivion's graphics were unbelievably good, so that was "next gen," but looting stuff without a menu pop-up?! We've been looting people since the late nineties in the same way! Press button. Take stuff. Exit menu. Now we just take the stuff! It is a huge game changer for me.

And yeah, took me 35 hours to not whip out the pip boy every time.

As for the graphics, it looks fine to me. I'm hearing you only need a 2GB card for the ultra setting. I wonder if the low resolution textures may shorten the load times or something. Other high budget games on maximum settings usually require much more video RAM to hold the textures.

I don't like the radiation storms. They are nifty and add an interesting element to the game and the god rays are cool, but I don't like scary games, or things where it's hard to see. I hate feral ghouls.

I played for a little bit today, looking for the alien blaster you can see in loading screens. I found it, and then found a side quest involving a Chinese submarine. It only showed up because while I was swimming into the ocean away from raiders, I heard someone yell something. I then swam back and talked to him. This type of thing has happened a few times in the game, where you only get the quest by chance.

It feels like it has happened fewer times in Fallout 4 than Fallout 3, Oblivion, or Skyrim to me. Not sure if it means anything.

I also think that it would be cool if you could figure out if you have done all the quests or not in game. It might ruin the experience though. Not sure.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread