I hate you guys. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, November 13, 2015, 00:48 (3097 days ago) @ Funkmon

I thought it was real life based! Nah, put that game in the 12 sheet at a time shredder and buy Fallout.

. . .

I did. It's downloading now. I couldn't help myself.

How the hell is Fallout 4 only 28 GB when Halo 5 was 54?

Nah, not real life based. I mean, I'm busy, but hell, so is everyone. I was just trying to be smart about my games backlog. I've pretty much accepted that I'm not going to finish The Witcher 3, at this point (I deleted it to make room for Fallout.). It's a shame, because I really enjoyed the game while I was playing it, but every time I try to go back to it, I quit after ten minutes. I just can't get back into it after taking a substantial break from it for whatever reason.

I wanted to play Halo 5 more, but it seems that for the most part, the folks on my friends list just didn't migrate over to it. They played the campaign and went right back to Destiny (and now Fallout and Black Ops). So that was sort of a bust.

Looking back, it's hard to understand how I played so many games in the 360 era. Granted I was in high school when it came out, and college for a lot of its life, so I had a lot more free time. But it still seemed easier to balance work, school, gaming, and going out and doing things with friends and family and feeling like I was playing everything I wanted to. Now I feel like I just pass on games I'm interested in just because there's so damn many of them and I can't find the time (Mad Max is a good example, and the new Tomb Raider being another). Sometimes I feel like if I don't get and play a game when it releases, I'll forget about it, or get into something else that comes out later, and just never get around to it.

Choosing which games to buy and which to wait on or skip outright has become a huge decision, whereas before I could buy whatever, whenever, and find the time for it.

Anyway, didn't really mean for that to turn into a huge post, but there it is!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread