Power Armor is Best Armor (Gaming)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Sunday, November 15, 2015, 17:27 (3095 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Also, I have not even touched Power Armor, yet. Am I missing out? I got the first set from when you first encounter the Minutemen, and then I promptly stored it at Sanctuary and forgot about it. Should I be utilizing it more?

I'd say absolutely, but, it's my bag baby as the saying goes.

Rant inbound.

The Minuteman set is very much so tutorial armor. Moving down... um how to say avoiding spoilers... "faction" quest lines will score you *really* good stuff. Coupled with crafting (Armorer and Science! perks) there's some really powerful options.

For example, my Survivor rocks jeans and a t-shirt (literally, no armor) but when I get into my T-60e set (Power Armor overrides whatever you're wearing btw) I've got 1500 damage resist, 1000 energy resist, 1000 rad resist, AOE shock effect, carrying capacity over 400 (with 3 strength lol), and HUD targeting (think constant Boone o' Vision from New Vegas). Plus after a while you're lousy with Fusion Cores, and with the perk that doubles their duration, power is no issue. Playing on normal right now, direct confrontation is always an option, but I still can't be totally stupid. I have plans within plans for the future. It will be glorious.

Finally, it's a lot of fun to park at the entrance of a settlement, pop out, and be like "sup guys?!" Um, so yeah. I'm the Commonwealth's Tony Stark right now. :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread