Made me think of you, Chaos... (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, November 15, 2015, 16:40 (3094 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I see a lot of people complaining that you "have" to pick up all the junk now for crafting. Didn't most players do that anyway to pawn at the vendors? I certainly did, so my play habits haven't changed at all in that regard.

You know I suspect not. In previous Fallouts I focused on guns, armor, and ammo to sell. Only grabbed "junk" if it was particularly valuable (fusion batteries and the like). The ability to mark things for collection helps a lot with Fallout 4's "gotta collect it all" approach. But hey I'm a massive crafter it seems so all that junk has a huge payoff for me.

*proceeds to shock entire hordes of ghouls to death with his power armor*

*laughs the laugh of mad scientist*

Maybe it's not so much a thing in Fallout, but I can remember when Morrowind came out, one if it's big hooks was that everything in the world was able to be interacted with. That's one of the things that Bethesda kinda became known for, from my perspective anyway. Now that Fallout 4 has actually given that a purpose, and made it more useful than just selling crap to vendors, people (granted a minority, probably, but it's a common complaint I've seen) are complaining about it. I just think it's a little ridiculous.

Also, I have not even touched Power Armor, yet. Am I missing out? I got the first set from when you first encounter the Minutemen, and then I promptly stored it at Sanctuary and forgot about it. Should I be utilizing it more?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread