It's fun (and funny) but has a VERY steep learning curve (Gaming)

by Kahzgul, Friday, November 13, 2015, 15:57 (3097 days ago) @ Funkmon

The game has a mechanic that I wish was in every game: Once you beat it, you can make any one of your skills permanent for all future runs through the game (regardless of class). So if you're a caster class and have a spell that does fire damage, you can make that permanent, and then when you play the game as a dexterity class you'll still have this fire spell at your disposal.

Anyway, my very first run through the game took me more than 160 days to complete (that's not time spent in game - for clarity the way you play is that each click takes up one use of a resource called "adventures" and you get 40 adventures per day. There are items that can give you more adventures, like eating food or drinking booze, and you can bank up to 160 adventures for the next day if you don't want to play them all). Anyway, my fastest runs are only 3 days long. Same game, same quests. It's a game that's about resource optimization and skill stacking.

So yeah, very fun game, very well written, lots of super fun mechanics that are so good I wish other games would steal them (Diablo needs to steal the perm. skill mechanic in a major way), but very obtuse at the start, potentially frustrating and boring until you are familiar enough with it to understand the meta game of speed optimization.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread