Natural progression (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 01, 2017, 08:59 (2439 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, September 01, 2017, 09:03

I'm just disappointed that it's looking like the system is specifically designed to prevent us from progressing to raid-ready levels naturally by just playing through the game instead of having to game the system.

Wait, what?!

"Gaming the system" is having to juggle gear while decrypting engrams to climb the light ladder! It seems to me that Bungie is keenly aware of that kind of problem and has taken rather dramatic steps to make progression more natural through normal gameplay.

Then why isn't engram power set at the decrypt stage? This is literally the superior solution with no downside, and no need to game the system. Again, I noticed that is immediately, so there must be some stupid reason they did not design the system like this.

If engram power is set on decide, and if the check is in place to scan all your gear and determine your best level, then the optimal thing would be to simply decrypt engrams period.

With the new system, it is optimal to decrypt an engram as soon as it drops and never carry more than one.

With the old system, swapping gear was required.

These workarounds should just be automatic. Eliminate the need for them in the first place. It's similar with 3 of Coins. Get rid of them. It's just an extra step to use them, and you always have them. Make their drop rate be the default.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread