Think... er... I mean, Decrypt Different™ ;) (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, September 01, 2017, 09:15 (2438 days ago) @ dogcow

I get what you're saying, but I don't think it really matters how it compares to the current (D1) situation. The new system may be an improvement over the old system, but it still seems like they've unnecessarily divided your upgrade options into either the fun path (play the game, turn in stuff when you're done) or the optimal path (pause the fun to run to the Cryptarch after every engram) instead of letting the fun path BE the optimal path.

I guess the optimal path will depend on the legendary drop rate (off of non-bosses), how long it takes to complete a mission, and how long it take to go to the cryptarch.

I might be totally cool with this if legendaries only dropped from bosses. That way you would only need (for the optimal leveling path) to head to the Cryptarch after you're already done with the mission or strike, anyway.

At present we can only compare to D1... so that's what I'm going to go off of. Legendary engram drops from enemies rarely happen (excluding bosses). So, typically, you'll get legendary engrams after defeating a boss at the end of a mission and you'll just head to the cryptarch then, which is pretty normal behavior at present. What DOES concern me is that raids will turn into a disjointed-everyone-go-to-the-cryptarch-after-each-boss experience. This could be fixed by having the raid bosses only drop actual gear, never engrams.

I would LOVE this. I kind of wish the engram system wasn't a thing anyway. I liked the idea of "every weapon will tell a story of your Guardian's achievements." But in D1, most of those "stories" were, "I decrypted an engram and got this cool thing. It might have come from that big boss fight, but it might have been from that Dreg I killed on the way back. I dunno. They're all mixed together now."

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread