Not a problem - bonus for alternate characters (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, September 01, 2017, 10:01 (2439 days ago) @ dogcow

I think overall, moving away from playing "Engram to level up faster kludges" is a positive here, and is going to result in overall dramatically improve the quality of life of leveling.

Also, the fact that a minimum light level being determined at drop is a good thing for leveling alternates. When your primary character is at a high light level it can pass off engrams to your lower light characters who will, when decrypting armor, get armor with a light level that is guaranteed to be higher than their current light.

I guess it depends on what attributes are locked in at the same time the minimum power level is set. Right now I'm imagining everything that happens in D1 at decryption, happens in D2 at pickup. If that means the class type is set at pickup, then that would kind of suck. If the class type isn't set at pickup, then your new level 1 guardian could potentially be max light after one trip to the Cryptarch if your alt has been hoarding engrams.

Man, I feel like a serious Debbie Downer today. I've got a potential negative for every positive. Maybe my subconscious is trying to crush my expectations so that I can be blown away by D2 awesomeness next week :p

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread