Skill Up reviews Curse of Osiris: "F*** these guys." (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 08:18 (2474 days ago)

So if you remember, a while back, I mentioned a YouTuber that I could actually stand, Skill Up. He was a huge Destiny 1 fan, and he enjoyed Destiny 2, despite its flaws and obvious backwards steps, but as has become a standard for us over the past three years, the potential of the game was what he looked forward to.

Until now. It a bit depressing to listen to this video, and connect to it on a level that I really didn't think about.

Remember when I said that my brother loves most everything about Destiny 2 except raiding? He told me yesterday that he had deleted the game already after hitting the lockouts. As soon as he was hit with the inability to do the things that he loved, he ditched the game. Zero tolerance, zero patience, zero attempts to work with what was available to him. It's a bit weird, but I'm kind of glad that he doesn't let himself get manipulated into accepting Bungie's missteps. He said that he might download it again later, clearly not having any ill will, but it's interesting that he doesn't suffer from the same thing so many of us do, where we lower our expectations in order to continue to get something out of the game. And I say that without having hit a lockout, but I haven't even finished the final story mission in the DLC.

Anyway, he recommends Double Fine's Gang Beasts as a fun game to play with friends instead, and I'm probably going to take him up on that. The last time I played Destiny 2, Cane and I had a long discussion about how we weren't really having any fun doing the adventures (and we actually broke one)...

Also recommended, Skill Up's video on the history of Loot Boxes, and his optimistic hope for their decline. Informative stuff!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread