Fine, I watched it. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 17:01 (2379 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It was just as big a waste of time as I anticipated.

His point about the Infinite Forest is that it sucks and is boring because he can either stand back and cheese it or run past all the enemies. Did he try, oh, I dunno, actually going into the rooms and engaging the enemies at close quarters? If he had, maybe he’d have discovered that the individual encounters are actually well designed and fun. He acts like the ability to play it like a dumbass makes it mandatory to do so, and discounts the possibility that playing it by actually engaging with it is worth doing.

He then goes on to say talk about the Lost Prophecy Verses and says that some of them need 60 Public Events which is OBJECTIVELY wrong. The most any need is 30, and that’s if you only get the resources from public events and ignore any other sources.

Then he talks about Eververse, which is whatever. I understand his complaint, but it’s no different from the base game, and it doesn’t bother me the way it does him.

And then he talks about the lockout, which is now a moot point, so it’s not worth addressing now.

I’m not as pissy as I might seem, but you’re being willfully obtuse and seem dead set on trying to insult me. This video was a complete waste of time, and now I’m upset that I took the fucking bait and watched the stupid thing.

So let me reiterate: this guy is welcome to his opinions, as are you, and I don’t begrudge them. But stop belittling everyone else that disagrees and are perfectly happy with the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread