And, again, he is right about everything. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 14:59 (2473 days ago) @ Claude Errera

CoO is just the final straw for him, as it is literally just more D2, but with the added problems of the creepingly invasive Microtransactions.

Once again, I'm having trouble squaring opinions like this with my own personal experience.

Engrams have been dropping like rain in CoO. I get several in a night's worth of playing. I have more ships than I have room for, I'm gonna have to build a new garage for all the sparrows. Shaders are causing me angst because there are so many flavors I'm having to vault some of them, and my vault is full.

I guess if there were a specific emote or a specific piece of armor or whatever that I absolutely HAD to have, and the deluge of engrams hadn't provided me with enough silver dust to buy it, MAYBE I'd consider spending cash. But at the current drop rate (which, to be fair, probably won't continue for much longer), I just can't imagine wanting to buy more.

The microtransactions are LESS invasive than they were 2 weeks ago, because the rate of free stuff dropping is higher. I have trouble with calling that 'creepingly', unless you mean that it's creeping backwards.

As he says in the video, his issue is not based around the rate of Eververse drops, but rather the fact that the majority of new items added with this expansion are eververse items. One could certainly make the argument that he's making a problem out of nothing, since eververse items can still drop without spending any real money, but there is some validity to the point that an increasingly large percentage of the total "stuff" available in Destiny is being shuffled into the real-money marketplace.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread