Skill up Math (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 19:50 (2474 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

It locked out existing content

For all of three days. That's not relevant anymore. It's not even worth talking about.

and a decent chunk of the new loot is eververse specific

That doesn't change the way Destiny operates. Most of the loot in the base game is also Eververse specific. It's literally the only way to earn emotes, ships, sparrows, and Ghosts. Literally nothing has changed in that regard.

unlocked via overly grindy mechanics.

Oh, you mean like hopping around shooting things in the head for MIDA? You mean like grinding out Public Events for tokens? You mean like having to turn in five scout rifles which took me over a week to do?

The Lost Prophecies are too grindy for my tastes, too, but it's not any worse than the rest of the game. In fact, it's probably better--you do a specific set of activities for a specific weapon, rather than public events for tokens to turn in for a random reward.

It's also literally exactly what most of reddit and most streamers asked for. They specifically wanted a reason to grind strikes again. Well, they got what they asked for.

You can disagree but his opinion is clear and at least based on facts.

It seems mostly based on bullshit, honestly. We must have different definitions of what a fact is.

I'll say it again. Nothing about how Destiny operates has changed.

He explained this all pretty well in the video.

I wouldn't know. I watched approximately four minutes before I got annoyed and turned it off.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread