We've been playing now for a month. Not quite out of steam. (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 17:26 (2473 days ago) @ Korny

And I keep telling Jackie that Destiny 1 year 4 isn't too bad!

Anyway, we picked it up during the week of black friday, and essentially got the DLC for free, and from what I've played thus far, that was a wise choice.

The campaign was much better this time around, but I don't have -any- desire to play it again. It was popcorn. Tasty but not filling. Empty snack.

But as Jackie and I were going through it together blind, I looked over at her many times and she was really, really enjoying it. We got to the tank section and she's like "wow! this is great, I wish this was in D1, this is cool!" and I'm thinking to myself the entire time "I did this in Halo 1, 2, 3..."

Listening to her enjoy it since she never played the Halos was humbling for me, and helped me loosen up a bit. For me, many of the experiences Bungie delivered in D2's campaign I've already experienced (and better) in their earlier work. But it was awesome playing it with someone who never had that experience.

By the end, I felt I was going through the motions. But she wasn't and her enjoyment made me enjoy it, if that makes sense.

We finished the story in about 2 weeks, playing a little as we go.

That was good.

It took another 2 weeks of leisurely play to level up to around 270.

We've still got to try the raid sometime (hopefully we can wrangle some people that are still blind).

Still have the Raid lair to do too.

We've still got to try iron banner.

I want to do trials (she'd rather watch)

Still have all the exotic quests to do (Need help with The Rat king!)

Way too over-leveled to do the 'adventures', but we bite on them now and then.

Just dipped back into crucible for the first time a few days ago.

Have not ran many strikes.

No nightfall yet.

All that said, we don't feel like we're "out of stuff to do" by any means, but we DO feel that there isn't anything "new" to do.

Our approach has 180'd from D1. We aren't in a hurry. We'll get to the content when we get to it.

We finished CoO main missions and again I gotta say, really glad I got that DLC fo free, cuz it ain't filling. At all.

Your brother made the right call, I feel similar. When I was locked out of D1 content during Fall of Crota, I was mad. But I learned the lesson for how this game works. If you don't buy the DLC, you don't get any of the "incentives" to play. Is what it is.

All these chuckle heads that keep going "THERE'S NOTHING TO DOOOOOO" make me laugh because there WAS plenty to do, the majority of them just blasted through it. That's their right, of course, and I'm not going to tell someone they're playing it wrong, but.....

So, we're enjoying it for what it is. A competent shooter that doesn't re-invent the wheel or add anything meaningful but that's still fun in small doses with friends over time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread