Skill up Math (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 16:45 (2474 days ago) @ Korny

Destiny 2: 8/10. Curse of Osiris: 2/10. Destiny 2 + CoO: 5/10.

Literally nobody has said anything like this.

Skill Up is handed a ribeye.

"Well, this is still good. I prefer filet mignon but whatever."

Skill Up is handed a top sirloin steak in addition to the ribeye.

"Now, because this steak is bad, the ribeye is bad. All steak is bad. I hate steak."

Unless you're being deliberately dense, neither of us have said that the DLC has made Vanilla Destiny 2 content worse. We've both pointed out that the DLC executes elements in a worse way than Destiny 2 has. The vanilla content is still there, and it's still good where it's good, but where it's bad, the DLC has done very little to correct that. The content in this DLC is less fun than vanilla content overall, and a large chunk of that is from the design choices. You can't look me in the eye and tell me that the gameplay spaces are on par with Destiny 2's. Ignore the skyboxes, and look at the play spaces. Then look at weapon quests, then non-eververse content, etc.

I just honestly disagree with that sentiment. I think the Infinite Forest is a bit weak, but I love the strikes that take place there. And the actual “rooms” are great encounter spaces, I think. Lots of cover and verticality, they’re just fun spaces. Mercury itself is small, but is a great Destination with lots of stuff going on. The Lost Prophecies are basically what tons of streamers and Reddit asked for, even if they’re far too grindy for my tastes. At least they got me to actually jump in to the strikes playlist, which is something I didn’t really do before.

And the Raid Lair is incredible. No spoilers, I know you’re blind. It’s shorter than Leviathan, but much cooler. The final two encounters are amazing, with one possibly being my favorite Raid encounter ever.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread