This is next-level trolling :-) (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 12:39 (2473 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Does that compare in any way to cheapLEY's "I don't want to listen to a word he says, so I'm just gonna say that he's wrong about whatever he says, and I'm right, no matter what anyone else says either!"

You make the mistake of assuming I was arguing against him. I wasn’t. Or if I was, it was only by proxy. I was arguing against the points and reason presented in this thread. Mostly I was just arguing against the statement that CoO was “objectively worse” than D2, as it’s an asinine statement by its very nature.

You weren't arguing against him, as that would require knowing the points he made, which you clearly didn't. You were arguing against the possibility that he might have made a good point, because you weren't going to risk the chance that he might by listening to him.

That said, CoO is objectively worse than D2.

If you didn't buy CoO, you had less content than before. That's changed for the most part, but you still have less content than before.

If you compare level design, CoO is objectively worse than D2. D2 had handmade encounters and controlled level design. CoO uses randomly generated Tile pieces (not even proper tilesets), and randomly generated enemies. It's a terrible execution of the concept, and when you look at the design of the tile pieces themselves, they are not on par with the base game's level design.

As it stands right now post-patch, CoO on its own does not make Destiny 2 worse (besides the content that folks are still locked out of). But as a continuation of D2, it takes steps back. When something regresses, and botches its execution, what would you call that? "An improvement!" in cheapLEY-world it would seem.

"But, but, the Raid Lair is great!"

"The car can't be a lemon, the steering wheel is gorgeous, and the power steering is so smooth! Who cares if the mechanic says that the transmission is failing! I love turning this steering wheel!"

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread