Skill up Math (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 08:01 (2473 days ago) @ Korny

If Bungie had put things in like challenging missions, or had given people clear, tangible goals (the Black Spindle mission is used as a direct example), rather than simply telling folks to grind the same Public events 20+ times, people would be happy!

This (20+ public events to earn a new weapon) is a number he used, and it's wrong, and I'm pretty surprised to see you echo it.

I don't think I did 20 public events to earn ALL 6.

The only thing you earn from PEs are the Radiolarian Cultures - and they drop from all sorts of things around Mercury. Most weapons needed 10 or 20 of them, you get 1-2 from a Public Event, but you also get one from most of the Yellow-Bar High Value Targets around Mercury, and occasionally from random chests. The first weapon I earned took the three heroic adventures, 2 public events, and some random patrolling around Mercury. The others took a few Heroic Strikes in addition - Paradox Amplifiers drop from there. (They're supposed to also drop from Crucible matches, but I don't think I earned any that way.)

None of them took anywhere near 20 activities, much less 20 Public Events. It doesn't seem fair to blame Bungie because he was doing it in a pretty inefficient way - and while I could understand the mistake being made in the video (the Prophesies were pretty new when he made it, maybe he hadn't figured out all the ways to get the drops he needed), it's really surprising to see you repeating his (incorrect) words.

(My normally horrible RNG luck was reversed for the Prophesies - I think I got 4 Concentrated Paradox Amplifiers and at least 5 (maybe 6) Concentrated Radiolarian Cultures as drops along the way, saving me quite a bit of playtime. For my last Prophecy, a single Heroic Strike dropped 2 blue Paradox Amplifiers, all by itself. So I probably didn't have to do as much playing as most people did - but NOBODY needed to do 20+ PEs to earn that first one (which is the only one that could be earned without Paradox Amplifiers anyway). If they did it that way, it's because they didn't know any better, or because they LIKED strikes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread