Follow Up: Skill up Math (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 10:18 (2379 days ago) @ breitzen

Dang. Your luck with these resources is about like my luck with MasterWorks weapons. (The other night I burned more than 2000 tokens, at a combination of vendors, and got 3 MW weapons from the resulting engrams.)

I was actually going to commiserate about this stuff; I'm working on Prophecy 5, which requires 3 blues each of the Radiolarian Cultures and the Paradox Amplifiers. I had 4 Paradox Amplifiers (green) at the start of the night on Tuesday - we started with 3 Heroic strikes, then did a bunch more stuff. I got 4 Paradox Amplifiers in total (up to 8, out of the 30 I needed). That's why I thought I was going to commiserate with you - 4 hours of playing got me 4 of the 30 I needed. (I realize most of the play we did wasn't targeted at those - but part of my point the other day was "you can just play, they'll drop" - and that wasn't happening on Tuesday.)

I wasn't paying attention last night at all; I was just playing. New character, mostly doing Dawning stuff with Nico. Just looked - I'm at 14 greens and one blue, didn't even notice them drop. We only did 3 strikes (for the weekly milestone) - so anything else dropped elsewhere, I'm not sure where.

RNG can be frustrating, when you want something specific. I can totally get behind that argument. This game is more fun when you're not chasing something specific.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread