I'm curious... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, June 13, 2019, 09:36 (1779 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Okay, this isn't really relevant to this conversation, so I apologize for hijacking... but I have a practical question for you:

How do you inform the player about this mechanic?

We already know that the vast majority of players don't even read the short "NEXT WEEK IS IRON BANNER WEEK!" type messages that pop up on your screen and need to be dismissed manually; how will you get casual players to understand all of the different ways they can earn glimmer faster by doing things in the area they happen to find themselves in?

We all know Korny can't be trusted, so I'll answer for him ;p

It occurred to me that there could be an icon on the director that highlights specific destinations or activities... similar to the icons used to show the availability of powerful rewards. We can tell which planet is the weekly flashpoint just by glancing at the director screen, so something similar could be done for glimmer as well. It might be cool if there was only 1 "hot spot" for earning glimmer at a time, but it rotated frequently. Maybe every 4 or 6 hours, or something like that. It could be a fun way to funnel players to otherwise under-utilized activities, like Blind Well or Escalation Protocol, the Forges, or even strike and crucible playlists.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread