Jason Schreier interviewed Luke Smith and Mark Noseworthy (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, June 14, 2019, 13:26 (1750 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Time is always a resource. In every game you’ve ever played, in every thing you’ve ever done. Time is inherently a resource.

That's… very false.

I don't ever recall Mario asking me to trade time for upgrading items, or for anything for that matter. The game presented itself and let me experience and explore it immediately. World 1-1, here you go have fun. Hell, it even included a warp zone so you didn't have to play shit over and over!

Except you were always choosing to spend your time playing Mario instead of doing anything else. You were using up a finite resource to play Mario. Time is a resource.

That's time being a resources OUTside of the game, because you could be doing something other than playing.

Cody's talking about time being a limited resource INside of the game-- such as, you can spend X minutes farming this resource, or X minutes farming that resource, but if you only have X minutes to spare, you can't do both.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread