Jason Schreier interviewed Luke Smith and Mark Noseworthy (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 18, 2019, 13:01 (1772 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Why does it being year old content matter? It’s going to be new for somebody, so what’s the difference? Destiny is a buffet, not a twelve course meal. If you want to skip straight to ice cream before you hit the salad bar, why shouldn’t you be able to?

My best answer to this would I guess be Artistic integrity? Like if someone bought a famous statue just so they can rip the head off because it was the only thing they liked? I know this isn't an exact metaphor as we don't own destiny, we buy it to play as is. But I can at least see how Bungie might feel about it. And this only applies for new players.

I'm all for ripping up the game for veterans who might want to replay certain content.

Agreed. Part of that is my bias. I want Destiny to be more of a narrative-based game than it is, or I should say than it is successfully.

Cruel said he didn't want to replay any story missions. I've got favorites. For example, I adore "Chosen," and it's mirror image "Adieu" (which I don't think you can replay).

I wish you could redo quests, too. Even better would be to have a quest that basically led you through the campaign again. Perhaps juice up the drops or increase the odds for a fated engram (guaranteeing at least one at the end). They could justify it easily in this universe--they've already done similar things for Ikora's meditations and in the Mercury strikes.

Perhaps complaints about Destiny's story wouldn't be as loud if we could experience its beats in context more than a handful of times.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread